The Casual Reporter: Trent Vance Interviewed by DisneyBrit.com

Monday, June 22, 2009

Trent Vance Interviewed by DisneyBrit.com


Several weeks ago I was contacted by Adam Goodger, originator of The Disney Brit Podcast to be interviewed. The Disney Brit Podcast is a collection of podcasts (iPod Broadcasts) created by Adam and his business partner Juz (author of 'The Family Guide' series of books that currently includes Orlando and Disneyland Paris) around the theme of Disney. Adam found me via my other blog, The Casual Reporter and thought our Wild West Show story interesting enough to showcase in one of his weekly podcasts. I agreed, of course, and eventually he interviewed me between scenes of one of the shows. The interview is broadcast in two halves, Episode 14 and Episode 15, which you can access by clicking on the Episode above, clicking here, searching for "Disney Brit" in the podcast section of your iTunes application (download iTunes here for free) or scrolling down to the embedded players below. His podcasts are very well produced. Adam is an excellent interviewer. He asked my thoughts on the characters in the show, on my portrayal of Buffalo Bill, on the evolution of the show, and much more. Since we did the interview in my dressing room you can hear the show in the background through the backstage speakers. Let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. Trent, I don't know if you still check your blogs or their comment etc.

    However, hopefully you do. Because I would like you think you'd recieved my comments, and this is obviously not to be published here with this story, but I couldn't find your e-mail address or contact online.

    I've been a fan of the Wild West show, since I first saw it with my family in 1997, I was only 10 years old and I was captivated by it, I didn't understand the whole story behind it or its' history - but I knew I wanted to see it again.

    And I did, many times over the years, and it was nearly always an amazing experience.

    I found your blogs online yesterday, and spent most of today reading-through them; and your passion, knowledge and love for the show is inspiring, and it completly shows when you play Buffalo Bill on the show, your in a league of your own and you should be highly commended for your performances. Your amazing!

    I've been working at Disneyland Paris since 2007, and since December 2010 I've been part of the "squatter cast" upstairs, hanging with the rodents and playing Goofy on the show, about 4 times per month. Yes, unfortunatly I'm one of those who bob my head round to that pre-recorded soundtrack.

    But, I always feel in safe hands when your Buffalo Bill, and whenever my family or friends come to see the show I always make sure they come on an evening when your BBill.

    So, this long-winded message was mainly to say your talent, skill and presence doesn't go unnotice with the characters, your always referred to upstairs as "the good one", "the best one", "the REAL one".

    Keep up the good work Trent, its an honour to work with you!

    Tom
    tombowie222@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for for taking the time to write such a kind and generous comment. It touches me to know that my efforts are appreciated. More than that - recognition like this is what drives me, and I suspect most people, to push themselves to be the best they can be. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I don't publish comments I feel are inappropriate, but since they filter through my email first, feel free to say whatever's on your mind. I enjoy the interaction.