The Casual Reporter: The Casual Reporter Recommends "Hawk's Rest"

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Casual Reporter Recommends "Hawk's Rest"

I got some positive feedback from my blog article It's a Small World. For those of you who enjoyed it, I thought you might like to read "Hawk's Rest" written by one of the rangers in that area, Gary Ferguson. The wilderness camp where Jesse James Townsend, currently a cowboy in Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show, Disney Village, Disneyland Paris Resort worked last summer and fall is the closest site to Hawk's Rest and only a short distance from the Ranger Station in this book. The camp where I spent my youth is, as I remember it, about 5 miles up the Thorofare River from Hawk's Rest. My adoptive father Nate Vance is mentioned in this book both by reputation and name. It's a good read and recommended by The Casual Reporter. Click on the image for Hawk's Rest to learn more. You can buy it online from this link or, better yet, call my mom Pennie at her store, "The Book Shop" in Sheridan, Wyoming: 1 307 672-6505 or email her for a copy. I've included in "The Casual Reporter Recommends" carousel other items that may be of interest to you including books about Buffalo Bill, Annie Oakley, Sitting Bull, French, and CD's by ex-Wild West Show musician Carlton Moody and ex-Wild West Cowboy Ryan Bingham.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't publish comments I feel are inappropriate, but since they filter through my email first, feel free to say whatever's on your mind. I enjoy the interaction.