The Casual Reporter: Stimulus Checks Arrive in France!

Friday, May 23, 2008

Stimulus Checks Arrive in France!

As if George W. Bush's administration hadn't already baffled me pretty much from the start eight years ago, today I received in my mailbox a check for my share of the economic stimulus package. In France! Not that I'm complaining, mind you, but it's yet another strange turn of events, albeit not such a stupid one..

I intend to invest the unexpected cash straight back into the U.S. economy by buying one or two of the highly discounted companies on the U.S. stock market. It's a great time to buy. If you haven't had the opportunity to get into the stock market, and you don't absolutely need your stimulus check for essential purchases, you might be well-advised to start now. The general consensus is that your regular pension won't be enough and stocks are among the best investments over the long run. And now stocks are trading generally cheaper than they've been for years - many of them unreasonably cheap - which means a great buy.

Don't fret if you're not a financial genius - stock advisers abound. Take your pick, but I've had good results so far with The Motley Fool Stock Adviser and I use Tradeking to actually buy the stocks. Tradeking is efficient, professional, highly recommended.. and cheap. And they have a lot of stock evaluation tools on their sight as well. You'll need a U.S. checking account and address to get started. If you're interested, email me and I'll send you a special invitation to check Tradeking out, and I can let you know what companies I own so far. Heck, maybe we could start up a stock trading blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I don't publish comments I feel are inappropriate, but since they filter through my email first, feel free to say whatever's on your mind. I enjoy the interaction.